Sunday, June 12, 2011

Entering the Real World

Since graduating on May 7, I can say for a fact that I wouldn't be where I am today without having attended La Roche College. At the portfolio show for Graphic and Interior Design seniors, I was approached by several professionals. One of these professionals contacted me for an interview. The interview went very well, thanks to the advanced and unique opportunities that I sought out through my education at La Roche and was able to talk about in my interview. Because of my unique experiences, I ended up being offered a position as a Graphic Designer at Media Frogg Marketing and Communications in Zelienople before I graduated. I started working at Media Frogg on May 16, 2011 and I can honestly say I enjoy going to work every day. I'm doing what I love and working with great people.

Two important lessons:
-If you want to learn about something specific that's not covered, find out more information and take an independent study with a professor who's willing to learn about the same thing. It will definitely put you ahead in your chosen career field and La Roche makes it very easy.

-Give your all in an interview. Let the interviewer know that you're passionate about the job and don't be afraid to stick your neck out for it (without being obnoxious). Interviewers want to know that they're hiring someone who really wants to be there with the intention of making an investment in their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment